How to Start Logging Data when you Switch on the Computer
You can automatically start Logger, and the other Windmill programs, whenever you switch on your computer.
- On the Windows Start menu, right-click the Windmill Logger icon and choose Properties.
- The target box shows where Logger is located. At the end of this line add your Logger setup file (*.wlg) followed by /auto, as shown in the picture below. This means that whenever Logger is loaded it will automatically start logging data.
- Now tell Windows to run Logger on start-up. On the Windows Start menu, right-click the Startup folder and select Open.
- Go back to the Start menu and this time click Computer. Open the Windmill Software folder and find the Logger icon (logger.exe). Right-click this and select Create Shortcut.
- Drag this shortcut to the Startup folder you opened in 3 above.
- Logger will now start collecting data as soon as Windows loads. Data will be appended to the end of the file you specified in the Logger setup file (*.wlg). If you wish to save data to a series of files, see the notes in issue 20 of Monitor.
Any questions e-mail [email protected].
Starting Windmill at a Specific Time or Day
You can also use Windows Task Scheduling to start Logger. This runs a program automatically according to your schedule. For example, at a specific time each day. See the Microsoft site for how to do this.