TCP/IP Data Logging Software: Free Trial
Log data from instruments and devices over TCP/IP (eg Ethernet and Internet), as well as RS232, RS422, RS485 and Modbus. Send data directly to Excel or other Windows applications. The new version works with Windows 10, 8, 7 64-bit and earlier versions of Windows.
Try before you Buy
A free trial of the Windmill software is available to our Monitor newsletter subscribers. Monitor is a monthly newsletter giving data acquisition tips and techniques. It also features a regular Excel corner, explaining how to use Excel for data acquisition.
- Data logging from up to 10 TCP/IP networks (eg Internet and Ethernet) alongside RS232, RS422, RS485 and Modbus devices.
- All logged data is time-stamped.
- For instruments that continually send data and those that need prompting
- Send commands to instruments
- Understands ASCII, binary and hexadecimal data
- See all bytes sent and received, even non-printing characters like carriage returns
- No programming required, although programming tools are available should you wish to write your own software.
- Free technical support for life
- Send data to other programs like Excel or Matlab
Analyse data in Excel or other Windows applications
The Windmill software suite includes ready-to-run logging, charting and control software applications. You have many data logging options open to you.
- Log only when new data is available from a device
- Log to a new data file at regular intervals
- Log data only when channels are in an alarm state
- Log data for a pre-set duration
- Use Excel to control data logging
- Log from many different types of instrument at once, for example those communicating over Ethernet, RS232 and Modbus
Windmill Logger and Chart collecting data temperature and strain readings, and logging alarms.
Simply select your communication settings or type your instrument's commands: no need for any programming.
With Windmill you can control both those devices that continuously output messages, and those that require commands before supplying data. With a flexible approach to building command strings, and extracting data values from the messages sent by the instruments, the majority of measurement devices are supported. You have the freedom to combine equipment from a variety of manufacturers. Many channels of data can be accepted from each instrument.
Instruments that have been interfaced with Windmill include data loggers, PIC microcontrollers, digital indicators, multimeters, plcs, power analysers, RLC meters, oxygen electrodes, solar panel array controllers, particle analysers and pressure transmitters.
Our software is so easy to use we offer free technical support for life. If you have a question the first places to look are in the program's Help file or on our Technical Support page. If you don't find the answer there then fill in our technical support form, fax us on +44 (0)161 833 2190 or call us on +44 (0)161 834 6688 (9 to 5 GMT or BST).
Download the Windmill Trial with ComDebug
ComDebug is free to our Monitor newsletter subscribers. It logs data from many channels on one instrument and never expires.
You will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription. On doing so you will be sent details of how to download the free software. If you don't receive this e-mail please contact email@example.com.
You can read an archive of previous issues on our Data Acquisition Intelligence site.
You can cancel your free subscription at any time - just return to this page or follow the instructions in the newsletter.